Advent Calendar Countdown 2018- December 4th

(Editors Note: Due to a combination of a new coding update error, and also laziness, I'm running a bit late with these. But, you know, it's fine. Just go with it.)


Happy Holidays, everyone! I’m usually not very good at getting into the festivities of the season, and I want to try to change that. So, to get into the mood for the season, I’ve decided that for every day of Advent until Christmas, I’m gonna do a review of an episode of a TV show or a movie that’s centered around Christmas. Because hey? Why not!

But, umm... My tastes are not everyone else’s, so there might be a few weird ones here. I randomly grabbed some Christmas episodes and stuff off the top of my head, but there’s not really any pattern to this. I’m just going with it. I’ve seen most of what I’m writing about before, but I’ve added a few surprises for myself too. Hope you enjoy!


December 4 30 Rock, Ludachristmas




The crew at TGS is all ready for Christmas and the break that comes with it. Head of Television and Microwaves Jack Donaghy is all set for it, until his mother arrives unexpectedly, and hey-oooo mommy issues! Colleen Donaghy is kind of a pain though, no denying that. As Liz Lemon points out, she’s a sassy old broad!

Liz Lemon (our protagonist) also has family in town, consisting of her overly encouraging parents and her amnesiac brother who is forever trapped believing it's still 1985. And that’s where are A-story goes: Jack would waaaay rather spend time with Liz’s family than with his own, even when his mother catches on and warns him that, deep down, all families are terrible. She is proven right by the episode’s end. Merry Christmas everyone: By the time we’re adults, none of us actually like spending time with family lol.

Meanwhile, the B-plot is about the rest of the TGS team getting their crappy corporate gifts from NBC, making Kenneth want to teach the crew about the spirit of the season, thus teaching us the importance of gift receiving and appreciation, which is actually kind of a sweet counter argument to the A-plot. Until, of course, after Kenneth’s lesson, the team all realize that Christmas is a lie, and decide to tear down the Christmas Tree at 30 Rockefeller Center….

Look, I may be doing Christmas wrong in these reviews, but whatever.

Best Line: “See, mother? Not all species eat their young.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts